Kitchen cabinet remodeling
Kitchen cabinet remodeling is a big adventure and can be rewarding if you prepare before starting. Having the right parts, tools, instructions, accessories, and so on can encourage you to complete your kitchen cabinet remodeling project in a timely manner. Take time to review some tips to help you get started and you will be surprised at how simple the process can really be.
Taking time to learn new steps is a great way to get started with kitchen cabinet remodeling. Do not forget to review your manual and instructions that come with your remodeling installation of new cabinets kit.
If you are remodeling your kitchen with kitchen cabinet remodeling, and wish to install things the right way, the following procedure is recommended:
1. If you have existing kitchen cabinets, these will need to be removed.
2. In most cases, you will do this by simply taking out the screws, which are holding the cabinets to the wall.
3. The screws attach to the wall via studs. Do not remove the studs, as you will reuse these when fitting the new cabinets.
4. Mark the location of the studs as you remove the screws.
5. After taking out the old cabinets, carefully inspect the walls for damage. Take time at this stage to ensure the walls are even and flat.
6. You are now ready to secure your new cabinets to the wall. In order to avoid putting up crooked cabinets, it is worth enlisting the help of a second person. It is not easy to hold, balance and install cabinets on your own.
7. Firstly, calculate the space you have for the new cabinets, as they are available in different sizes.
8. 60 inches of space or more will mean you can use the cabinets in various arrangements.
9. You need to be conscious of the space you are working with because as the cabinets are attached to the wall, you will work from top to bottom and move sideways.
10. If you have an older house, you may find the new cabinets do not sit flat against the wall. If this is the case, skim the back of the cabinet, at the top or bottom, to ensure the unit is flush against the wall.
11. Fasten your new cabinets into the existing wall studs. Occasionally, it may be necessary to use a stud finder. This is an electronic device, which flashes as you move it over the studs. Its sensors will blink and therefore help you to detect the correct spacing of the studs. Now that you have a list of things to do, you can begin your journey to kitchen remodelling installation of new cabinets with success.
Following basic instructions is easy. Get started on your kitchen cabinet remodeling installation right away and on the right foot. Take time to research on the Internet to find additional kitchen remodeling tips, these can make everything go not only faster but smoother as well. Everyone deserves some nice and new cabinets and there is no reason to have to struggle with their installation.